Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Product

As of March, my product so far for my Senior Project would be my increased performance ability.  After a few solid months of private piano lessons with my piano instructor Mrs. Sally, I feel like my piano performing ability has increased by the way I control the dynamics of the song and the way i perform with others.  Recently for my service learning at Rising Stars Music Studio, i did a performance with Christa Larino during their recital.  The song we performed was Listen by The Dreams Girls.  During the song, i had to match Christa's tone while playing the piano.  If she was singing softer notes, I in turn played softer notes and vice versa.  Once the song got the the climax(chorus), I would increase the dynamics of my piano playing to emphasis power coming from the piano and to match Christa's upswing in tone.  Below is a picture of our performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment