Friday, March 16, 2012

Answer 2

EQ: What is most important to have a successful piano performance?

Answer 2:  My second answer to my essential question would be piano playing experience.

Evidence: 1) The first piece of evidence would be knowing what a successful piano performance is.  According to my piano instructor Sally Griffin, a successful piano performance not only includes playing the composition perfectly with no mistakes, but also knowing what the audience expects from you.  At an advanced level of piano, a perfect performance of a difficult composition is what is expected from the audience.

Evidence 2) According to my service learning provider Mrs. Aurora, she said that to ensure a successful piano performance you must have an absolute understanding of music theory and the symbols that come with it.  For example knowing how to read the bass cleft perfectly.

Evidence 3) My last piece of evidence would be that the years of piano playing experience determines the composition level you decide to play.  Having 10years+ like I have in piano playing experience enables me to play more advance pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment