Friday, April 27, 2012

Helping 2013

Who did i interview: Rachel Hernandez
What day and time: 4/27 at 12:45pm


(1) What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
  • I am planning to do my senior project based around deaf culture.  I chose this because i plan to pursue this as a career and will use the senior project as a head start.  I also chose this because my sister is deaf.
  • Since she only gave me one topic idea, i just told her that if deaf culture is something you know you can present 2hrs on, finish a science project, and be able to obtain independent components and service learning, than this would be a great topic.
(2) What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning (working with an expert) which is due prior to senior year starting?  Note: They also have to complete the 50 hours during the school year.
  • My cousin is an interpreter for deaf people, so i will ask to follow her around and get a better understanding on what deaf interpreters go through during their job.  
  • I told her that it was great that you had a family member that had a career in your senior topic.  This will make obtaining service learning very easy for you.
(3) What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?
  • I don't really know what to expect.  I just hope that the senior presentations that i will be put in will be fun and entertaining, if not engaging. 
  • I told the junior that she should avoid texting and talking to her friends at all times.  Focus on the presentation and make sure you do not disturb the presenter because they will be very nervous.
(4) What questions do they have about senior project?  What additional recommendations would you give the 2013 student about senior project?  Be specific and note what you told them.
  • Unfortunantely i do not any more questions about the senior project, I've just heard that it is quite challenging but it will be worth it in college.  I will worry about this senior project once it comes.  
  • I told her that she already planned out her service learning and independent components is a great thing so that she won't have to worry about obtaining those later.  I also told her not to procrastinate on the science fair project because that was the component that killed me by staying up all night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment